Participants investigate works of art on view as a platform for critical and creative thinking. Students explore the Museum’s exhibitions as inspiration for an array of writing and drawing activities in the galleries. This program can include a post-writing activity in the classroom.
Program fee: $6 per student for up to 110 students
- To enhance classroom learning in the ways that support Common Core State Standards.
- To design a unique opportunity for students to make meaningful connections between art, new ideas, and their everyday lives.
- To help students develop observation skills through artist-driven and inquiry based discussion.
- To help students develop writing skills, through poetry, personal narrative, and written reflection by using contemporary art as inspiration.
- To provide classroom teachers’ interdisciplinary teaching materials and resources.
For more information about Teacher and Student Programs, please contact Lorena Sferlazza, Education Assistant, at email@example.com or 203.438.4519 extension 138.