The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum’s Summer Internship Program provides the opportunity for students interested in the arts and cultural fields to learn more about the ever-growing field of arts and cultural nonprofits from the perspective of an intimate contemporary art museum.
Interns will spend ten weeks at The Aldrich gaining hands-on experience in connecting to the network of museum professionals, working with different Museum departments on projects, and getting to meet one-on-one with practicing artists and cultural leaders in the area.
Ideal applicants are driven individuals who:
- Have an expressed enthusiasm and interest in the arts
- Have excellent communication skills
- Can work independently and collaboratively
- Have a keen interest in informal learning
- Are excited to work in a dynamic environment with people of all ages, backgrounds, and opinions
- Are prepared, dependable, and punctual
- Able to take initiative on creating and completing their own projects
Each intern is responsible for creating an innovative independent project during their time at the museum. This project is customized to the interests of the intern and provides an opportunity for the intern to work more closely with a particular subject matter or department. Past projects include:
- Programming Proposals
- Program Pilot
- Social Media Campaigns and Marketing Plans
- Curatorial Proposals
- Academic Writing on Current Exhibitions
All internship positions at The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum are currently unpaid, but we are willing to work with interested students on obtaining academic credit.
HS SENIOR INTERNSHIP 2020 - Deadline Friday, March 27th, 2020
SUMMER 2020 - Deadline Tuesday, March 31st, 2020
If you have any questions, please contact Sierra Van Ryck deGroot, Education Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.